Friday, July 12, 2013

End of the week is here (and the sun is out again)


End of the week bollocks.  This time some sort of Fast and the Furious inspired Cortina.  Sorry!  

The girl on the side is one of my artworks also - from a kids book "How to Draw Manga" I was commissioned to do last year:



I took the Corty out for a drive today to pick up some bits and bobs from a reclamation yard (for jobs on the house not the car) she went like a good 'un even in heavy traffic during this unprecedented hot weather we are currently experiencing. I had a few good conversations with previous owners when parked up, I reckon almost everyone in the UK has either owned a Cortina or knew someone in the family that has once owned one it seems and it turns out my dad even owned one but he cant remember if it was a Mk1 or Mk2, I doubt he'd forget if it was a Mk3.

Visiting my folks the other week I turned over my 2.0 pinto by hand and it seemed to have good compression and it was freely moving. I've tried to keep it all out of harms way as I've had thoughts about fitting it when I've sorted some more of the house projects out (which all seem to be eating up all my spare time while the to-do list never actually gets any shorter).  Yhea Yhea I said I'd go V6 but when you have a pinto sat there and you stub your toe on it every time you walk past you start thinking about putting it to some practical use.
Nothing much else to report really, I was planning on getting to a show in the next couple of weeks but I have some tight work deadlines, I hope to make a few shows before the end of August though and will upload any pictures when I do.

I'm going to settle down with a couple of beers now but, for anyone reading, take it easy and have a good weekend.  Maybe post up some suggestions for weekly creations, the more radical the better.  

I might just chuck up a link every now and then of "stuff what's gone and inspired me" this week it's this:

I love how they get modified Cortinas looking so right south of the equator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment