Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cortinas & Zombies. Artwork again.



What would be cooler than driving a V8 Cortina in a Zombie Apocalypse, if your companions were a samurai sword wielding girl and a AK47 toting chimp with a penchant for chain smoking cuban cigars? Not much that's what! 
South westerners might notice Bristol's Clevedon suspension bridge in the background. Does any of this make sense? Not really! But I had a laugh painting it.


Incidentally I drove my mates V8 engined Cortina last weekend and I'm still on a high from it, so much was the case I didn't even take a video or any photos at the time. What a total cop out.. I'll have to arrange another trip out. I have ran a V8 before & I enjoyed the sound and the torque of it but now I can see what the fuss is about, yes a V8 Cortina is something I need now. I might have to put that idea on hold for a few years though, it looks a much bigger (expensive) job than the V6 conversion which I already have mounts for.



Here's the bay this past summer. It's now got Edlebrock Rocker covers and associated fitting kit from the states, also an oil catch tank for the breather. I used to clean the breather fire trap out on mine every few months and it felt like it went a lot better afterwards but Joe's system is better.


Making the engine mounts / bellhousing adapter is a skilled job that I'd struggle with.

I did try on some wheels while we were outside, but they were a bit wide for my ride. They did look cool, offset has a bit more poke on the front of the Mk3 so I am guessing with my old boaty suspension it'd be catching tyres.  Odd thing is they looked fine on Joe's car but his is lowered by an inch so maybe that makes it look better (it is parked on a hill in this pic so leaning quite a bit the opposite way and opening up the arch gap..) He's having the Atlas narrowed so he can get some 8 inch wide rims on the back which we agree will look awesome.
Main things is I do want some new tyres, mine have plenty of meat on them but they are a bit old. I'll be putting some new rubber on the spare set of wheels I have when I've saved a bit more.
Weather has been frigging lousy again for working on cars this week its proper bitter outside so tools are like ice cubes at the moment. Winter has officially set in. As mentioned previously I'll get some pics up of the past couple of jobs at some point. 




Anyway.. Here's a couple of the characters from the Zombie painting so you can see how they are sketched and painted.
Sketch then inked

 Colour & Tone



No comments:

Post a Comment