Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cortina Offroader

Cortina pickup 4x4.  I've always liked practical vehicles like pickups, vans etc, I sold my Land Rover Defender V8 earlier in the year and still miss having something you can just drive anywhere without a thought given to the paint finish or parking dents, it was liberating in many ways.  Rather than planning trips to the far reaches of Mongolia the most adventurous excursions I made were to the builders merchants or dropping off rubble at the local tip which was partially why I bought it. Or at least I bought a knackered house first which eventually necessitated it's purchase. On numerous occasions it'd carry so much crap to the tip or back from the builders yard it seemed a journey across Mongolia would have been less arduous for it.

Anyway I have seen a few Cortina P100 pick ups that have been modified, I find them quite appealing so wondered what a Mk3 Cortina would look like with a 4x4 makeover.

In terms of work on my Cortina I haven't done a lot.  I seem to have been working my arse off, if only I was earning enough to show for it! So my apologies for the lack of updates.
I mentioned a while back that I am now going to fit the pinto. I am having difficulty making a decision about what to do. I want to convert to EFi and can go one of two ways; either buy a whole engine with efi, loom and ecu (easier and probably cheaper in the long run) or I buy the injection head ecu, loom and efi inlet manifold separately and convert the 2.0l I have.  Also looking to collect/have made other things like injection fuel tank (need swirl pot and pump) and get my head around the wiring. Alternatively I instal the engine as it is and then inject in the future once I've collected the bits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment