Sunday, April 28, 2013

Drawings.

I've not updated in a while - loads of stuff going on meaning I've barely touched the cortina except to give it an occasional run.  I will update when I get around to taking some photos as I've added a couple of little bits.

In the evening to wind down I've drawn the odd picture, the idea now is that at least once a week I'll update the blog with a new picture of a cortina Mk3 2 door in a variety of guises but always from the same position, so it will build up to a nice collection.

To be going on with here's the first three:
Mk3 '72 1300L
Randomball Run
Matt black WolfRace TurboVecs

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Richard, I've been looking around your blog for a while now, I see you appreciate the Cortina as much as I do.
    I have a 2 door 1600XL one, and your "Matt black WolfRace TurboVecs" inspires me, I would love to add a front spoiler to mine but I do not know where to find one. Any hints? Keep up with your awesome work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya,

    I've only just seen the reply, thanks for the nice comments. I think the best thing would be to get hold of a front spoiler for something else and stick that on the front. Someone suggested a Triumph Dolomite front spoiler, the Triumph Spitfire has quite a nice deep spoiler on it. I guess whatever you fit to a Mk3 Corty will need some trimming and fiberglassing to make it sit snug. Also maybe look at the front spoilers for the TA22 or RA28 Celica.
    As for front spoilers that are manufactured for the mk3.. I met someone at the Symonds Yat show who was selling a few boot and chin spoilers for various Fords including the mk3, they were made from fiberglass, and they had the name "Trans-am RSR" on them, I actually didn't have enough money for the front spoiler (he wanted £60 for front and back) but I did buy one of his boot spoilers which I will eventually fit and add pictures to the blog. If you are around in the Cortina scene you might find him selling them at a show, if I see him again I'll take his contact details for you.
    There are other spoilers knocking about for the front of the cortina Mk3, some look a little boxy and make the car look nose heavy though.

    Anyway.. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete